We are pleased to announce that the Angostura Global Cocktail Challenge (AGCC) 2020 has officially been launched and entries are open!
A key event for mixologists, bartenders and lovers of spirits worldwide; the challenge tasks entrants with creating two creative and unique cocktails, so we hope to see some amazing entries soon.
Entries for South Africa are open from 15 July to 16 August 2019. Qualifying contestants for the national heat will be announced at the end of August with the main event set to take place on Monday 16 September.
The winner of the national leg of the challenge will move on to the Africa & Middle East Regional event, which will be held in Cyprus mid-October.
The Grand Finale is set for 23 February 2020 in Trinidad and Tobago. Contestants who make it through to this round will have the chance to win USD$10,000 and to be crowned Angostura Global Cocktail Challenge Champion and Angostura Global Brand Ambassador!
To enter, visit www.AngosturaGlobalCocktailChallenge.com.
Then all you have to do is:
- Accept the Terms & Conditions
- Complete the entry form (be sure to complete all data fields!)
- Submit your two creative cocktail recipes via the online entry form by uploading your document directly to the website in MS Word, Excel or as a PDF
- Via the entry form on the website you must submit a supporting 3-minute video of yourself mixing and talking through your creative rum cocktail
- Finally, you must state your opinion on a rum-related topic in 200 words or less
Thereafter, an Angostura representative will contact you to let you know whether you’ve qualified or not.
Note: The competition is open to full-time bartenders who are Theatre of Mixing certified. Previous winners of an Angostura Global Cocktail Challenge Final may not enter the competition again. If you have previously won a national/regional leg of the competition you may only enter the competition one more time. You must hold a valid passport without any travel restrictions. You must be able to converse fluently in English. You must agree to participate in the necessary media and judging relations.
For more information on AGCC 2020 rules and guidelines click here.